- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
Afternoon in February
The day is ending, While through the meadows,
The night descending; Like fearful shadows,
The marsh is frozen, Slowly passes
The river dead. A funeral train.
Through the clouds like ashes The bell is pealing,
The red sun flashes And every feeling
On village windows Within me responds
The glimmer red. To the dismal knell;
The snow recommences; Shadows are trailing,
The buried fences My heart is bewailing
Mark no longer
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
H.G. Wells (view all)
- "The last spin" by Evan hunter is a short story ab...
- 'How does the composer, Shaun Tan, convey the central themes...
- How does HG Wells create the mood and atmosphere of suspense...
- Discuss The Elements Of 'The Time Machine ' By H G Wells. Wh...
- Analysis of the Imagery and Sensuous Appeal: "The Battl...
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.