- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Spoken Language. Reflect on some aspects of your own personal talk (idiolect) Including perhaps some criticisms made of it by adults
Are you in the right place?
Jump to English Language and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
"Reflect on some aspects of your own personal talk (idiolect)
Including perhaps some criticisms made of it by adults"
Whilst completing this project on spoken language, I discovered aspects of my own personal speech (also known as idiolect) and the variation between people's language due to their culture and environment. Living in north London for fifteen years I have had many experiences which shapes my idiolect to what it is today. Three main factors which have influenced me the most are my family, my friends and the media such as internet, music and TV.
As a teenager myself I feel that the media has played a strong part in the influence of young teenagers, especially by the internet and TV. Often slang words such as "OMG, peng, lol, fam and convo etc " these words are commonly used on social network sites like Facebook, Twitter and MSN messenger; slang like this is becoming a vast growing trend with the click of a button a new word can be made and used by thousands of teenagers all over England.
Whilst I was growing up, TV was big influence on me and it still is today as
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Writing to Argue, Persuade and Advise (view all)
- I am writing this letter in application for the position of ...
- Write an essay to be published on your school website about ...
- Write a letter to a headteacher persuading him/her that all ...
- Don't get me started on... Bullying
- Persuasive Speech - Poverty
- Creative Writing: A Newspaper Invites Young People to write ...
- Fundraising Letter. I am delighted to inform you that we ar...
- Argumentative Piece: Undermining of Teenagers By The Media
- Homophobia. Many people base their assertions that being ga...
- Should DIY drugs testing kits be used by parents?
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.