- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Stone Cold Critical Essay
Are you in the right place?
Jump to English Language and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
Stone cold by Robert Swindells is a book about a young boy who leaves home and goes to London to live on the streets, and about an ex-army man with mental problems who wants to get rid of homless people on the streets of London.
In my essay I will discuss how the author uses uses dual-narrative effectively.
I also intend to discuss how Swindells makes me feel sympathy towards homeless people and how he makes the average person with a house and a job seem unkind.
Robert Swindells uses Links situation and his thoughts and feeling to make us feel sympathetic towards homeless people. We feel sorry for Link because of the situation at home with his mums new boyfriend, and how link could do nothing to stop him and was "Forced to move on."
He also speaks as link in the first person, this lets us find out how he feels on the inside and things he might not tell anyone, through this we then understand the story with his step-dad through his own eyes, and how he knows what everybody is thinking when they see him
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Writing to Inform, Explain and Describe (view all)
- English Book Report. "Godless" by Pete Hautman. ...
- My Favourite Place
- Tragic Love Story
- English Coursework: Autobiography
- First Flight
- Gold: A Creative Essay
- My Experience of Immigration
- This Thing of Darkness (Recreating a line from Shakespeare a...
- Wider attitudes towards text messaging
- Creative Writing. The chief shouted his orders. Everyone ge...
- Morning of the execution. Within a few hours, her brother w...
- Describe a person you admire. Though I have lived a colou...
- Supermarket Description - Sleek, automatic, glass doors slid...
- A Foreboding Night. Ian sat on the curb, his hands buried d...
- (Descriptive Writing) Describe the sights and sounds of a ma...
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo