- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Textual analysis of One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Reading the Media: Textual Analysis Assignment
Submission details: 1000 words on a close reading of a sequence of a film/documentary/new
media text of your choice
Film: One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest
Directed by Miles Forman
Starring Jack Nicholson
One Flew Over The Cuckoo?s Nest is not a film that adheres to a strict set
of generic conventions. However, my understanding of the film as a media
text was helped when I recognised that it is a film that follows a classic
Mimetic theories of film narration can be applied to One Flew Over The Cuckoo?s
Nest, as the narration style is the presenting a spectacle that is being
told through the eyes of the characters. This is in contrast to diagetic
theories of narration which, in the words of Plato ?the poet himself is
the speaker and does not attempt to suggest to us that anyone but himself
is speaking?(Bordwell 1985)
The narrative structure of the scene I am analysing could be described as
one that follows Bordwell's description of the classic Hollywood narrative.
According to Bordwell (1985) ?the
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Ken Kesey (view all)
- In 'One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest', why does Chief Bromden...
- How do directors of 'Rain Man' and 'One Flew Over the Cuckoo...
- Laughter occurs frequently throughout One Flew Over the Cuck...
- One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest
- Consider the role of McMurphy in "One flew over theCuck...
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.