- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The beach - descriptive writing
The first 200 words of this essay...
A storm brews above. People escape the beach, quickly grabbing their possessions as rain spits down on them. Music from cafes and fare rides come to a halt as their customers quickly disappear. The happy sounds of laughter echo around the empty beach. A gloomy shadow descends over the sea. Feeble light from the few surviving streetlights and lanterns appear to dim as the dark clouds move across the sky like a creeping spectre. Birds silence their song and flee to safer places. Sandcastles small motes, which surround them, now are filled with seawater, but not for long as its' remains are quickly swept away by the wind. Any last remaining footsteps disappear, and are buried beneath the sand. The wind plays with and teases the scattered rubbish, picking it up then quickly releasing it again. People shelter in cars waiting for the storm to pass, their windscreen wipers furiously fighting against the increasingly powerful rain. Waves rage upon the sand, sending sand back and forth as they go. They crash against the sea wall, shooting upwards and spraying the abandoned cafes and shops. Yachts begin rocking with the waves they are, like a gymnast balancing on
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Writing to Inform, Explain and Describe (view all)
- English Book Report. "Godless" by Pete Hautman. ...
- Book report. It Happened to Nancy is an auto-biography Diary...
- Tragic Love Story
- Reflective Essay
- the boy in the striped pyjamas film review
- Wider attitudes towards text messaging
- Creative Writing. The chief shouted his orders. Everyone ge...
- Dialectal spoken language - what are others attitudes toward...
- My Important Wrestling Match
- Im a lonely piece of writing. Give me a name. Im a story of ...
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.