- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
The City at Night
The first 200 words of this essay...
GCSE Descriptive Writing-
The City at Night
The click of my heels on the exhausted cobbled path echoed into the distance. This was my meeting point. I was stood on George Street, just south of the town centre, waiting for him to arrive. My eyes winced for a sign of him as increasingly light became sparse. Only an old street lamp could shield me now, its thin rays fighting to reach my eyes, though falling to penetrate the overwhelming darkness.
The proud lamp seemed to have stayed in a time which the rest of the city had forgotten. It was filled a deep blue, so pure that all dirt and grime seemed to reflect off it. The aroma of charm and grace which it breathed into the city made the street seem lit with a light the eyes were not advanced enough to detect. For the first time in a long while, I smiled at its comforting presence. I then remembered where I was. A city, in which decay had become a terminal disease, blackened concrete car parks and weathered flats were the main symptoms.
As I stood at ease
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Writing to Inform, Explain and Describe (view all)
- Narrative essay 1
- How does Shakespeare show the changing relationship between ...
- Coursework Assignment: Creative Writing
- We will be looking at spoken Language of TV chefs Nigella la...
- Language use study -texting,spoken and online conversations...
- Story writing (Alien Mysteries Introduction)
- The novel, Looking for Alibrandi, the documentary, Australia...
- Writing about sibling rivalry
- The moment had passed - our school farewell party.
- A Walk Through The Woods
- Morning of the execution. Within a few hours, her brother w...
- Describe a person you admire. Though I have lived a colou...
- Supermarket Description - Sleek, automatic, glass doors slid...
- A Foreboding Night. Ian sat on the curb, his hands buried d...
- (Descriptive Writing) Describe the sights and sounds of a ma...
""Simon. Politics and International Relations. University Student.
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student