- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The Dark Knight film review.
The first 200 words of this essay...
-broadsheet film review.
The Dark Knight
"Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not the hero. He's a silent guardian, watchful protector. The Dark Knight."
"Batman" isn't a comic book anymore. Christopher Nolan's "The Dark Knight" is a haunted film that leaps beyond its origins and becomes an engrossing tragedy. It creates characters we come to care about. That's because of the performances, because of the direction, because of the writing, and because of the superlative technical quality of the entire production.
The key performance in the movie is by the late Heath Ledger, as the Joker. His clown's makeup more sloppy than before, his cackle betraying deep wounds, he seeks revenge, he claims, for the horrible punishment his father inflicted on him when he was a child. Throughout the film, he devises situations that force Batman (Christian Bale), Commissioner Gordon (Gary Oldman) and Harvey Dent (Aaron Eckhart) to make impossible ethical decisions.
To counteract this, the Batman as usual tracks the Joker down but similar to previous films, the Joker escapes, unscathed, which
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Writing to Inform, Explain and Describe (view all)
- Descriptive Writing Of A Beach
- Me, myself and my dreams
- Describe the scene of a school lunch hall
- My Nightmare
- Descriptive writing. Scene at a busy market place
- Gold: A Creative Essay
- My Experience of Immigration
- This Thing of Darkness (Recreating a line from Shakespeare a...
- Wider attitudes towards text messaging
- Creative Writing. The chief shouted his orders. Everyone ge...
- Morning of the execution. Within a few hours, her brother w...
- Describe a person you admire. Though I have lived a colou...
- Supermarket Description - Sleek, automatic, glass doors slid...
- A Foreboding Night. Ian sat on the curb, his hands buried d...
- (Descriptive Writing) Describe the sights and sounds of a ma...
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.