- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
The pieces of silver
The first 200 words of this essay...
The Pieces Of Silver- Karl Sealy
* Class issues
* Difference In Culture
* Fear and respect
* Family issues
* Relationships between teachers and pupils
* Cultural Markers
* The title
* Karl Sealy's title can be viewed as both childish for the children's perspective yet mature from an adult's perspective.
* The childish view includes the notion of the Pieces of Silver being related to Pirates of the Caribbean or pieces of treasure.
* The adult view however includes the notion that the pieces of silver can be related to Judas who betrays Jesus in the bible for 30 pieces of silver. Karl Sealy sets up from the outset that money will be handed over as a betrayal.
* Both of these views together illustrate the concept that the story will contain a childish and mature perspective to life between the children and adults. Although the adult world seems like the most mature way of interpreting the title, Karl Sealy endeavours to increase the
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Miscellaneous (view all)
- How does Browning convey the different voices of the speaker...
- Analysis of quotes from "The thief and the dogs".
- Still I Rise vs I Too Sing America
- Dream holiday essay
- Mein Traumberuf. Ich wrde gern Musiker werden. Als ich klei...
- The stories of Macbeth and Frankenstein are two texts depict...
- Compare the ways in which the two writers create an atmosphe...
- Compare how Orwell, a British novelist writing in the 1940s,...
- In the stories, The Meaning of Elephants and The Last Class,...
- Money and Happiness, It Never Works Together. In Goodbye Co...
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo