- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
"The Planners" is a poem where Boey Kim Cheng describes how the planners effect the nature in a negative way
The first 200 words of this essay...
ï»¿The planners is a poem where Boey Kim Cheng describes how the planners effect the nature in a negative way . The planners in the poem refers not to the actual city planners but planners of a higher power, the planners of the whole country , the government.
The theme in this poem is the change brought in by the planners.
In this poem negative sentences have been used ânot a singleâ, âthe pilling will not stopâ
The opening line of the poem gives a description of how the planners work. Nature is composed of no straight lines and imperfection is an obvious element in nature; however, man disrupts the peace of nature by enforcing perfection strongly suggesting human domination.
The next line describes the work of the planners. It also gives an imagery of how perfectly everything is done âmeet at desired pointsâ. In line six the poet tells how with the help of mathematics man overcame many obstacles âbridges all hangâ. we are provided with a vivid imagery of a united humans who are constantly advancing upon nature âThey build and will not stopâ. The last line tells us that even the skies
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Other Poets (view all)
- "Brothers" by Forster. The poem Brothers explores...
- In Paris With You. Paris is referred to as the city of love...
- If by Rudyard Kipling analysis
- Glasgow 5th March 1971 by Edwin Morgan is a modern Scottish ...
- Brooklyn Cop by Norman MacCaig. The poem is about a cop who ...
- Word choice, juxtaposition, contrast, irony and imagery are ...
- Compare and contrast Jackie Kays presentation of childhood i...
- An Unknown Girl. Throughout the poem, devices such as symbo...
- W.H.Auden's Shield of Achilles - Short Summary and Analysis
- Poem Commentary On Continuum By Allen Curnow
""Simon. Politics and International Relations. University Student.
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.