- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The Tempest - Prospero from the start has been the overall ruler and from evidence in this book I will try to find out if he is a fine leader and is able to cope and mange activities on an island as well as a duke in Milan.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Prospero from the start has been the overall ruler and from evidence in this book I will try to find out if he is a fine leader and is able to cope and mange activities on an island as well as a duke in Milan. I will look at his relationship with certain characters in the play, the situations he is put in and how he handles them and in what ways he does so, whether it is, just, in haste, or if it a rational decision which is for the bettering of the society.
When at the start we hear Prospero telling Miranda how they came to be upon the island it seems that Prospero is seeking revenge on all who betrayed him and ha a hand in snatching away his dukedom, "a brother should be so perfidious" and so it looks like he would love to take revenge on his brother, now duke of Milan, at this time in the book it seems he would make a bad leader, the type that would be full of conflict and hatred
Prospero's magical powers allow him to single-handedly take control all situations that are occurring
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
The Tempest (view all)
- An Analysis of the relationship between Caliban and Prospero...
- Prospero is a powerful character. What impression does the a...
- Prospero and Miranda's relationship in the Tempest is a stro...
- How does Shakespeare use language to convey Prospero's chara...
- The Tempest Prospero as a contrasting, multi-faceted charact...
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.