- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The Train Journey
Are you in the right place?
Jump to English Language and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
The Train Journey
Mrs D Dalby
I chose the empty carriage hoping to be alone with my memories.
The guard waved his flag, then blew his whistle and the train began to move slowly away, Then with a rush the train door opened and a fat middle aged woman about my own age heaved herself into a seat opposite to myself.
Keeping my eyes lowered I pretended to be reading the newspaper on my lap, while I observed out of the corner of my eyes her thick set legs dangling inches from the floor. The train began to gather speed and at the same time her fat legs swung back and forth in time with the motion of the train.
I was as one hypnotised as I stared at the woman who was now humming a little tune that I remembered from my school days. The war had finally ended; The tune was 'Run rabbit run rabbit, run, run, run'
Gertie Harris was somewhat of a bully, she always made us girls give up our sweets that was still on ration to her, or woe betide anyone who refused as I did myself one
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Writing to Inform, Explain and Describe (view all)
- English Book Report. "Godless" by Pete Hautman. ...
- My Favourite Place
- Tragic Love Story
- First Flight
- poem The sad story of Lefty and Ned
- Gold: A Creative Essay
- My Experience of Immigration
- This Thing of Darkness (Recreating a line from Shakespeare a...
- Wider attitudes towards text messaging
- Creative Writing. The chief shouted his orders. Everyone ge...
- Morning of the execution. Within a few hours, her brother w...
- Describe a person you admire. Though I have lived a colou...
- Supermarket Description - Sleek, automatic, glass doors slid...
- A Foreboding Night. Ian sat on the curb, his hands buried d...
- (Descriptive Writing) Describe the sights and sounds of a ma...
""Jackie Shanahan. Maths. A Level Student.
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student