- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The two stories iam going to compare are " Of Mice and Men" written by John Steinbeck in 1937 and " The Ostler" written by Wilkie Collins in 1985.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Linzi Jones 11s
Like Lennie Isaac is an outsider less intelligent than other people. The two characters and how they are treated by other people
The two stories iam going to compare are " Of Mice and Men" written by John Steinbeck in 1937 and " The Ostler" written by Wilkie Collins in 1985. Both Lennie and Isaac have their differences as also they have their similarities. Lennie is treated as an outsider by many people as is Isaac.
Lennie small is a very retarded, he travels around with George, and relies on him to keep him safe. The similarities that lennie and Isaac have are as follows Lennie has a poor memory this is shown when he cannot remember his aunt Clara, who used to give him a mouse " I remember a lady used to give then to me everyone she got but that lady aint here" this lady is his Aunt Clara.
Lennie also has abnormal strength, this is shown by the description of Lennie at the start of the story, " huge man, shapeless of face, with a large pale face with
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
John Steinbeck (view all)
- Relationship between George and Lennie in Of Mice of Men
- Explore the way in which Steinbeck presents the relationship...
- What methods does Steinbeck use in this passage to present C...
- Conflict is often shown throughout the novella of 'Of Mice a...
- Of Mice and Men - Crooks Monologue
- Of Mice and Men Chapter One : how does Steinbeck present the...
- Explore the presentation of George and Lennies relationship ...
- How does Steinbeck explore different attitudes to women in O...
- Animal Imagery in 'Of Mice and Men'
- Describe the relationships in "Of mice and men".
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.