- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Titanic. It was just an hour until the Titanic would set sail on her maiden voyage and I felt I little nervy about boarding her. I decided that the only way to settle my nerves was to consume a moderate amount of brandy.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Titanic, 882 feet long, 92 feet broad, 45000 tons register, 66000 tons displacement and 175 feet high. The biggest and most luxurious ship known to mankind, and she was sitting right in front of me. She looked even bigger in real life and I felt great anticipation and excitement. A chance of a lifetime, I was one of the few lucky enough to be chosen to actually work onboard the Titanic.
It was just an hour until the Titanic would set sail on her maiden voyage and I felt I little nervy about boarding her. I decided that the only way to settle my nerves was to consume a moderate amount of brandy. I entered the local bar, which overlooked Southampton dock where the Titanic was anchored. The bar was just one single room, decorated with old ship anchors and pictures of fishing boats. The bar was mostly filled with middle class men who, like me, thought they would grab one last beer on dry land. To my surprise I noticed one of my old friends who was sat in the far corner of the room with a rather large red haired woman.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Writing to Inform, Explain and Describe (view all)
- Descriptive Writing Of A Beach
- Me, myself and my dreams
- Language Analysis. Jamie Oliver is the only person talking ...
- Descriptive writing. Scene at a busy market place
- All my sons - Five Quotes for Each Character
- Gold: A Creative Essay
- My Experience of Immigration
- This Thing of Darkness (Recreating a line from Shakespeare a...
- Wider attitudes towards text messaging
- Creative Writing. The chief shouted his orders. Everyone ge...
- Morning of the execution. Within a few hours, her brother w...
- Describe a person you admire. Though I have lived a colou...
- Supermarket Description - Sleek, automatic, glass doors slid...
- A Foreboding Night. Ian sat on the curb, his hands buried d...
- (Descriptive Writing) Describe the sights and sounds of a ma...
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.