- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
to and for gay adoption
The first 200 words of this essay...
Personal Writing: Non Fiction
Task: Write a speech arguing either for or against same sex adoption
In 2004 a law was passed, the Civil Partnership Act, making gay marriage (civil partnerships) legal, though gay couples cannot marry in church. On the 5th September, 2005, the law came into operation. If it has been agreed that gay couples are allowed to be married, surely gay adoption should be the next stage forward? However, if the parents truly want their child to grow up as a well balanced adult, they need role models from both sexes. It also could be argued that children raised by gay parents are only offered one partnership model and therefore are more likely to be gay. Added to this, the child's school life will be far from easy having gay parents, bullying is probable and the child's education, social life and wellbeing is being put in great danger.
During my speech I would like to state the three most important reasons why gay adoption should not be permitted in my mind. These are, religion, what affects it will have on the child's childhood and how it may affect the child in the
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Writing to Argue, Persuade and Advise (view all)
- Write an essay to be published on your school website about ...
- All people have a right to their own opinions but not the ri...
- Don't get me started on... Bullying
- Write a Newspaper article about a TV advert you love or loat...
- Persuasive Speech - Poverty
- A right to reply - teenagers in the media letter.
- Why I Hate TV Talent Shows Article
- Report on the food and drinks available for students in your...
- Does Reality TV really portray reality?
- Feature Article Task - Teens and gangs.
""M Singh. English. A Level Student.
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student