- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Twelfth night revolves very much round love and treatment of others.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Twelfth night revolves very much round love and treatment of others. Most of the story is about love. Most of the characters spend most of their time trying to woo each other. The romantic love is very much like the Elizabethan attitudes to love, sex and marriage. What I mean is that some people just had sex for their enjoyment which was frowned upon, but some people believe that sex should be after marriage and really only to reproduce. 'Courtly love' was developed. This effected European literature from about the twelfth century onward.
The treatment of others is very much about revenge. Many of the characters wanted revenge for the way they had been treated earlier in the story. This is where my sympathies revolve around because many people get hurt.
During the whole of this story Viola (Cesario) is falling more and more in love with Orsino. She begins to fall in love with Orsino at his place and along the coast when she realizes how passionate Orsino can be about love. She realizes how passionate he is when he says " if music be the food of love, play on; Give me
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Twelfth Night (view all)
- Mistaken Identity in Twelfth Night.
- How is Romantic love presented in Twelfth Night?
- How does Shakespeare use the theme of disguise and concealme...
- Discuss the similarities and differences between Olivia and ...
- How does Shakespeare manipulate the audience to dislike Malv...
- Twelfth Night, Scene one act one
- How is Malvolio presented in "Twelfth Night"?
- Explain how Shakespeare shows Malvolio in the play in Act 2....
- Malvolio has some undesirable traits, which lead to him bein...
- A joyful fantasy full of impossibilities. To what extent is ...
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.