- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Venetian Society in the 16th Century.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Venetian Society in the 16th Century
During the 16th century Venetian society was one very much of who u knew and what name u carried. I gathered this from reading act1 scene1 when Iago and Roderigo are talking of Iago's failure to secure the position of 'The Moor's lieutenant, 'In personal suit to make me his lieutenant.' To start with, it becomes clear at the very start of the act that Iago is simply using Roderigo as a pawn in the plan he has conspired, both for connections and for money, as Roderigo says 'I take it much unkindly that thou, Iago, who hast had my purse As if the strings were thine shouldst know of this.' The way in which Iago replies is a brush off of Roderigo's worried and confirms that he is only using this man for obviously his money and probably his connection as we know that Roderigo is a man of good name, and one of no great intelligence. Iago goes on to use Iago in his telling Brabantio of his daughter's antics with 'The Moor'. This leads me on to two more points about this society.
Iago is telling
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Othello (view all)
- Othello has been called a ‘domestic tragedy...
- Iago has been described as the most malevolent character in ...
- Othello Essay- Iago's Motives.
- Othello. In the tragedy of Othello William Shakespeare write...
- "Iago is the cunning villain of the play Othello; he cl...
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.