- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Was Romeo a Traditional Romantic Hero? Romeo and Juliet is a play in which Shakespeare shows us a variety of views of love.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Was Romeo a Traditional Romantic Hero?
Romeo and Juliet is a play in which Shakespeare shows us a variety of views of love. The play could not be possible without the two lovers (Romeo M. and Juliet C.) and the ancient grudge of the two households, the Montague's and the Capulets.
The play is set in four days though Shakespeare frames each scene as though it is a life time of love.
My idea of a romantic hero is when a boy really tries to win over a girl and in the end rides off with her into the sun set, saving her from any danger she is in. I am not quite sure if Romeo does this.
We start the play with Romeo desperately in love with Rosaline (another member of the Capulet family). It seems that Romeo falls in love very easily! However Shakespeare does not go into very much detail of Rosaline`s view of Romeo's love for her. Instead we only hear Romeo's opinion of her.
Act 1Scene 2, Romeo "Out of her favour, where I am in love"
Romeo seems initially quite romantic towards Rosaline. He does all the
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Romeo and Juliet (view all)
- How Shakespeare portrays Romeo and Juliet in Act 2 Scene 2
- How does Shakespeare convey strong emotion in act 1 scene 5
- Lord Capulet - The play, Romeo and Juliet was written in a P...
- How Does Shakespeare Express Conflict in Romeo and Juliet?
- Relationships between Parents and Children in Romeo and Juli...
- How is love presented throughout Romeo and Juliet ?
- Who was responsible for the death of Juliet?
- Explore how the two feelings of love & duty conflict wit...
- Romeo and Juliet Analysis of Act 3 Scene 5
- Shakespeare: relationships between men and women in Romeo an...
- Compare and contrast the images of love in: Act I Scene V, A...
- Romeo and Juliet - how Juliet develops through the play.
- How does Shakespeare Present the Theme of Love in Romeo and ...
- 'How is Love Presented in Romeo and Juliet in Acts - 1 Sc 5;...
- Although centuries old Romeo and Juliet is still relevant to...
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'