- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
What are the Strengths and Weaknesses of The Newfoundland Park Site in Representing The difficulties the soldiers faced on July 1st 1916.
The first 200 words of this essay...
What are the Strengths and Weaknesses of
The Newfoundland Park Site in Representing
The difficulties the soldiers faced on July 1st 1916
Newfoundland Park gave me a good impression, with evidence of the difficulties that the soldiers faced on the first day of the Somme. At Newfoundland Park there was good evidence of the conditions of no mans land at the time of the battle. The ground has been preserved in the condition that it was after the war, shell holes are still clearly visible and in large numbers. This shows us that soldiers would have had to walk around these, in some places huge, holes. However we do know that the conditions at the time of the battle would have been much worse as it had been raining for two days straight. This heavy amount of rain made the ground extremely soft and muddy.
We know that the attacking troops would have had to attack with a weight of 60lbs on their backs, a gruelling task on its own, and a seemingly impossible task with enemy fire and a muddy shell cratered landscape. Despite all this there was one more difficulty evident presented
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
War Poetry (view all)
- Yellow Palm Analysis. Yellow palm is based on scenes gathere...
- The Battle of the Somme - source related study.
- Comparing Poems "Eve of Waterloo"
- Admiral Lord Nelson
- Consider the way in which Shakespeare presents Martius in th...
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.