- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
What aspects of Lennie's character make the death of Curly's wife almost inevitable ?
The first 200 words of this essay...
What aspects of Lennie's character make the death of
Curly's wife almost inevitable ?
We are able to gather a lot of informantion of Lennies Small's
past before the story begins.Lennie has apparently been brain
damaged at least since he was a child.When he was young he was
bullied by children including George Milton.One day George tells
Lennie to jump the Sacranato river and to his horror Lennie
actually does it and starts to drown.George has to jump in and
save Lennie and from then on a firm friendship grew.
The story is set in America during the great depression.Lennie
and George are workers who have just had to run away from a
Town called Weed because of Lennie.Lennie has a passion for
stroking soft objects and he sees a woman wearing a soft dress
he approaches her and strokes it.When the woman yells he just
clings on in panic which makes matters worse.There is no sexual
intent in what he does but the locals do not know this and
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
John Steinbeck (view all)
- How does Steinbeck present Crooks in the extract? What is th...
- How does Steinbeck present the character of Crooks...
- RELATIONSHIPS AND LONELINESS IN "OF MICE AND MEN"...
- Of Mice and Men – How does Steinbeck use symbolism ...
- Conflict is often shown throughout the novella of 'Of Mice a...
- Of Mice and Men How does Steinbeck present ideas of heroism...
- The impossibility of the American Dream in Of Mice and Men b...
- In Of Mice and Men, the characters Candy and Crooks features...
- Of Mice and Men Chapter One : how does Steinbeck present the...
- Explore the presentation of George and Lennies relationship ...
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'