- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
What do you learn from Ben Leachs article about the issues and concerns regarding the building of wind farms?
Are you in the right place?
Jump to English Language and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
Read Source 1, the online newspaper article called Wind farms could blight one in six beauty spots by Ben Leach.,
1) What do you learn from Ben Leach's article about the issues and concerns regarding the building of wind farms?
When reading the article the overall issues and concerns surrounding how wind farms would effect the landscape and its wildlife. As one concern mentioned in the article was "projects would spoil much-loved views."
Furthermore the issues on the building the wind farms include having a "huge impact on the iconic are of landscape". Therefore having the wind farm "violate" what is a very tranquil, distinct and beautiful landscape.
Likewise there are also issues and concerns which I learnt and encountered about how these wind farms effect wildlife. Estimating "16,000 starlings and dozens of golden plover would be killed" which are a "protected species" to this specific landscape. Meaning that this could lead to and "reduce...insignificance" of "Natural England".
From Ben Leach's article we learn a variety of things. Firstly we learn that Ben Leach has a structure which he sticks to all the way through the article. He does this so the reader has a
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Writing to Argue, Persuade and Advise (view all)
- Write an essay to be published on your school website about ...
- Write a Newspaper article about a TV advert you love or loat...
- Write a letter to a headteacher persuading him/her that all ...
- Persuasive Speech - Poverty
- Neighbors are the people who live near us. In our opinion, w...
- Argumentative writing - school uniform letter
- Are widely held view are often wrong, or are such views more...
- Is there always a "however"?
- Analysis of a persuasive speech delivered by Hilary Clinton ...
- I Am Legend Film review
""Sarah. Sociology, Politics, Economics, Psychology. University Student.
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'