- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
What does Educating Rita gain and what does it lose from being a two-handed play?
The first 200 words of this essay...
Amandeep Ghuman 11Red
What does "Educating Rita" gain and what does it lose from being a two-handed play?
"Educating Rita", is a two-handed play which only has two characters and one set. "Educating Rita" was written in 1985 by Willy Russell, it looks at how the relationship between two people, Rita and Frank, develops as the play goes on. "Educating Rita" is the story of Rita, a hairdresser who decides to go to University in order to discover who she really is. When she arrives at University she meets Frank, a lazy alcoholic who doesn't really care about being a University lecturer. At first, Frank refuses to teach Rita but he soon finds he has a soft spot for Rita and decides to teach her everything he knows about English Literature. I will be analysing the advantages and disadvantages of "Educating Rita" being two-handed play. I will be referring to the play version and also to the film version of "Educating Rita" to analyse the different gains and losses of the two-handed play.
First of all, I will be looking at the many advantages of "Educating Rita" being a two-handed play. There are
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Educating Rita (view all)
- Educating Rita - summary.
- 'El Tango de Roxanne' Moulin Rouge! Review
- With close reference to her speech in Act 1 Scene 4, how doe...
- Educating Rita. How the character of Rita changes.
- I plan to show how the phrase better song to sing illustrate...
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.
""Zoey. University Student.