- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Who in your opinion is really responsible for the deaths of Desdemona and Othello? Use evidence from the text to support your opinion.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Who in your opinion is really responsible for the deaths of Desdemona and Othello?
Use evidence from the text to support your opinion.
Amy Heath - 10 Owen. A
This essay will discuss who is the most responsible for Desdemona and Othello's deaths in the play Othello by William Shakespeare. It will argue how many characters play a part, and how some parts are bigger than others. In the early 1600's, society was very much defined and you socialised in your social class. Daughters were supposed to serve their fathers and not be dishonest or dishonourable to them. So when Desdemona marries Othello (a black soldier, not in the same class as Desdemona or her father) without her father's knowledge, the marriage was in trouble from the very beginning, without anyone else's involvement. Iago's lies and deceit are also a very important factor to their deaths, and it would be very easy to just lay all the blame on him, but I believe that he alone did not cause the deaths of Desdemona and Othello.
One of the people who had a part in their deaths was Iago. His jealously and hatred of Othello
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Othello (view all)
- How is Othello presented in Act 1.
- How does Shakespeare use a language to show Othello's changi...
- Othello Essay- Iago's Motives.
- Give a detailed analysis of Othello's final speech,
- Victims in Shakespeares play Othello.
- Compare the ways in which Shakespeare shows protagonists cha...
- How does the ending of Othello relate to the ideas and chara...
- How does Shakespeare present Iago as a character affected by...
- Loyalty in Othello
- How does Othellos language change and what does this show th...
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.