- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
William blake Poetry
The first 200 words of this essay...
William Blake course work
William Blake was a man who only thought of bettering our society through his actions and poetry. He started working life as engraver's apprentice, he grew up in a time know as the "Age of Reason", and produced most of his work during this time as, he was a pioneer of this time. His work was called radical as well as his thinking this is because his revolutionary ideas were against all that the society of the time knew. Blake's thinking reduced the church and its institutions to tools of repression, this was because of the churches over ruling power and control of the general people and the society willingness to obey through fear of being punished or sentenced to an eternity in hell. His attitude to try a liberate the human sprit and freedom of thought was powered by his experience of being tried for sedition, this made his thinking very powerful because the church/institution tried to oppresses and control his to which he replied by ridiculing the church through his inspiring poetry.
The subject of this poem is about Holy Thursday and the lies and the "make-up" face they
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
William Blake (view all)
- William Blake is a social critic of his time. Who does he cr...
- Compare and contrast William Wordsworth's 'Composed upon Wes...
- William Blake Compare and Contrast'The Lamb and the Tyger'
- Choose 2 poems by William Blake and consider how they captur...
- In my essay I will give some information on William Blake's ...
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.