- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Write to persuade teenagers not to smoke
Are you in the right place?
Jump to English Language and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
Trendy, stylish and cool. I bet that's what most of you think about
all of those popular kids who walk the streets with a cig in their hands.
If only you knew how wrong you are.....
So you think they look good now? Just think what they'll be like in
10 years time with yellowing teeth, pre-mature wrinkles and no money
left to buy the latest clothes because they've spent it all on their 20 a
day habit. If young people, if all of you out there who think you have to smoke to fit in, to look cool, if you carry on
can't you see what will happen? You'll lose your money to Lambert
and Butler, won't be able to afford to go out or socialise with your
mates; it will all just be a downward spiral.
Maybe that doesn't bother you, maybe you think that I'm just
being overdramatic. But how about this? If you carry on smoking until
you're older, you will be at a much higher risk of heart disease, lung
cancer and respiratory problems. These aren't illnesses that will just
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Writing to Argue, Persuade and Advise (view all)
- I am writing this letter in application for the position of ...
- Persuasive Speech - Poverty
- Application Form for the Position of Prefect
- English discursive writing Should celebritys private liv...
- Persuasive piece to come to a theme park
- Creative Writing: A Newspaper Invites Young People to write ...
- Fundraising Letter. I am delighted to inform you that we ar...
- Argumentative Piece: Undermining of Teenagers By The Media
- Homophobia. Many people base their assertions that being ga...
- Should DIY drugs testing kits be used by parents?
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.