- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
An Examination of the coast line in the Swanage Area.
The first 200 words of this essay...
An Examination of the coast line in the Swanage Area
Swanage and its surroundings is located in the South West of England, in the county of Dorset. It is located very close to Plymouth, a very important Port in the whole of Great Britain. Swanage is made up of 3 main bays and 3 main headlands.
Studland bay and Swanage bay are made up of beaches. The beach in Swanage bay extends from 033787 to 035805 whilst Studland bay extends from 049825 extending northwards off the map. The main landform in Durlston bay are high cliffs. This bay extends from 035772 to 039786.
The three headlands are the Foreland, Peveril Point and Durlston Head, the first located at 055824, the second at 041786 and the last at 036772.
In this area, we can find many different coastal landforms such as spits, stacks, arches and caves. There is also a lot of Cliff erosion which causes many problems to the inhabitants of the area. Humans have tried to modify this landform or even trying to stop erosion by building soft coastal management features such as groynes which stop Long Shore Drift (LSD). The land around Swanage
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Physical Geography (view all)
- Earthquakes in MEDC's and LEDC's
- Debden Brook Rivers Cousework Analysis and Conclusion
- Why California is considered a hazard hotspot and how it cop...
- Bradshaw model detailed description
- Geography- analysis of graphs
- Hurricane Katrina
- Fold Mountains case study - Andes
- The Mariana Ocean Trench Case Study
- Eyjafjallajkull - the Icelandic volcano eruption
- Case study of Bangladesh and Boscastle Floods.
""Sabrina, Washington. IB English, History, Chemistry, Anthropology.
""Jackie Shanahan. Maths. A Level Student.