- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
WATER, WATER EVERYWHERE
Bangladesh floods again! Is this another 1988 flood?
Bangladesh only exists because of the flooding that occurs each year and the rivers that flow through. Bangladesh is 80% delta which is low lying land and could be washed away at anytime. Even an extra meter of water can have disastrous affects. This also means that 80% of the land is a flood plain.
It is expected the land will flood with 30% of the land being flooded which is an area the size of Wales. But is only considered a 'big' flood and abnormal if more than 30% of the land is flooded.
(Source 1) Flooding in the 1988 Bangladesh flood.
Bangladesh is one of the most crowded countries in the world. Compared to the U.K. there are twice as many people in almost half as much space. The population in Bangladesh is 124,774,000 and in England 58,649,000. But Bangladesh is also a poor country 77% of the population live in the rural countryside to farm the land, in the united kingdom only 11% live in the countryside because we are a developed MEDC. Many people in
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Physical Geography (view all)
- Geography Field Study River Investigation Coursework
- Life and Climate in the Equatorial Region
- Debden Brook Rivers Cousework Analysis and Conclusion
- rivers coursework
- Swanage Geography Coursework
- Fold Mountains case study - Andes
- The Mariana Ocean Trench Case Study
- Eyjafjallajkull - the Icelandic volcano eruption
- Case study of Bangladesh and Boscastle Floods.
- Why did Haiti suffer more than Kobe as a result of an earthq...
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.
""Sarah. Sociology, Politics, Economics, Psychology. University Student.