- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Geography Field Study River Investigation Coursework
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Physical Geography and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
* To investigate what patterns the river Allt Doire Nan Eun shows for wet water depth, water velocity and pH in its three courses.
* To investigate whether the river shows textbook characteristics for erosion and deposition in a river channel.
* To investigate how rock roundness and moss coverage changes downstream and at different points across a channel.
During the course of this geography field trip my group set out to investigate the aims stated above. To do this we travelled to Scotland. Once there we stayed at the Kindrogan Field Centre in Enochdhu, Blairgowrie, Perthshire near Pitlochry.
Why was this Site Chosen?
We studied the river Allt Doire Nan Eun firstly because of the fact that each of its three courses were fairly close to each other due to the relative shortness (meaning that we could travel from one to the next quickly and therefore collect results from each of the three sites- upper, middle and lower course- within a day) and secondly because it was conveniently within easy walking distance from the field centre.
Were there any Signs of Human Impact?
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Physical Geography (view all)
- Bradshaw model detailed description
- Earthquakes in MEDC's and LEDC's
- 2011 Japanese Earthquake and Tsunami - causes and effects
- Why did so many people die in the Kobe Earthquake?
- What should hapen to Happisburgh?
- Fold Mountains case study - Andes
- The Mariana Ocean Trench Case Study
- Eyjafjallajkull - the Icelandic volcano eruption
- Case study of Bangladesh and Boscastle Floods.
- Why did Haiti suffer more than Kobe as a result of an earthq...
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.