- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Gunung Gede Pangrango National Park
- Essay length: 3694 words
- Submitted: 23/03/2008
The first 200 words of this essay...
Information about Gunung Gede Pangrango National Park
Gunung Gede Pangrango National Park is found in south of west Java, Indonesia where the river of Cimacan lies. The park is situated between longitudes 106°51'-107°02' East and latitudes 6°41-6°51' south. It is shared between the regencies of Bogor, Cianjur and Sukabumi. The park is on the island of java. The park can reach about 1000 to 3000 meters above sea level, has an area of 15 000 hectares and more than 80% covered by forest.
Indonesia is located in the Asian Archipelago, the world's largest archipelago, between Indochina and Australia, between the Indian and Pacific Oceans.
Gunung Gede Pangrango National Park was one of the first national parks to be established in Indonesia, and established under a declaration made by the Minister of Agriculture for "The Republic of Indonesia" on 6 March, 1980. Since then many Indonesian and foreign scientists have visited the national park and, as a result these mountains are one of the most well researched tropical forest systems in the world. Gunung Gede Mountain is 2,958 meters high and it is a part of the volcanic chains that is from Sumatra to Sunda. The
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Physical Geography (view all)
- Geography Field Study River Investigation Coursework
- Life and Climate in the Equatorial Region
- Debden Brook Rivers Cousework Analysis and Conclusion
- River Chess Coursework
- Why is Antarctica so important?
- Fold Mountains case study - Andes
- The Mariana Ocean Trench Case Study
- Eyjafjallajkull - the Icelandic volcano eruption
- Case study of Bangladesh and Boscastle Floods.
- Why did Haiti suffer more than Kobe as a result of an earthq...
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.