• Join over 1.2 million students every month
  • Accelerate your learning by 29%
  • Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month

The Alyn Valley is situated in the north-east of Wales four miles west of Mold

Extracts from this document...


Is the Alyn Valley A Popular Place For People To Visit In Their Leisure Time? Description of Results By looking at by located % bar charts which show car park occupancy in the Alyn Valley diagram I can tell which car park was busiest at the time. By using this method I found that the picnic site had the busiest car park with 68% of its spaces occupied leaving 32% unoccupied. The quietest car park was Bwlch Pen Bara where only 18% of spaces were occupied leaving 82% unoccupied. This means that loggerhead's was in-between the two with28% of its spaces occupied and 72%unoccupied. By taking these results I can tell how busy the Alyn Valley was on this day but bearing in mind that it was mid morning of a weekday during a school term when there is likely to be less people visiting the area than there would be of a weekend or during the summer holidays and maybe even a just later on that day in the afternoon. ...read more.


The further away you get from the Alyn Valley the smaller the number of people travelling to the Alyn Valley apart from in the 0-10 kilometre range. Explanation of Results The picnic site had the busiest car park on percentages because it is the smallest of the three with only twenty car parking spaces but had fourteen of those spaces occupied. Bwlch Pen Bara had the quietest car park on percentages this is because it is near to a one route trip up Moel Famau meaning if you park their there is a smaller choice of routes to take. Loggerheads had a slightly higher percentage of it spaces occupied than Bwlch Pen Bara but Loggerheads had seventy-eight parking spaces with only 21 of those occupied, so this car park had more cars parked their than either of the other two but the percentage of spaces occupied wasn't as high as at the picnic site due to the relation between the amount of spaces occupied and the amount unoccupied. ...read more.


clearer it is of a night in the countryside and it gets you thinking about the effects of pollution especially in cities. For the time I don't think it would have been worth travelling anymore than 50 kilometres for the day as most your time would have been spent travelling. I believe the catchment area for the Alyn Valley is so large because of how beautiful it is, this makes people want to visit the place and also for the great feeling of satisfaction you get when you are stood at the top of Moel Famau. Conclusion I believe the Alyn Valley is a popular place for people to visit in their leisure time because it is a beautiful place and I have evidence that people want to go their from my study in the form of the car park survey and asking family and friends that have been there who loved it. This tells me that tourism in the UK is popular but sometimes people just don't realise what's right on their doorstep. ...read more.

The above preview is unformatted text

This student written piece of work is one of many that can be found in our GCSE Human Geography section.

Found what you're looking for?

  • Start learning 29% faster today
  • 150,000+ documents available
  • Just £6.99 a month

Not the one? Search for your essay title...
  • Join over 1.2 million students every month
  • Accelerate your learning by 29%
  • Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
  • Over 160,000 pieces
    of student written work
  • Annotated by
    experienced teachers
  • Ideas and feedback to
    improve your own work