- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
To What Extent Does the Seaside Resort of Bridlington Cater For the Needs of the Elderly People Who Have Retired To the Peaceful Seaside Resort, Also Do the Facilities Cater For Tourism That Can Be Expected?
The first 200 words of this essay...
Bridlington GCSE Coursework
TO WHAT EXTENT DOES THE SEASIDE RESORT OF BRIDLINGTON CATER FOR THE NEEDS OF THE ELDERLY PEOPLE WHO HAVE RETIRED TO THE PEACEFUL SEASIDE RESORT, ALSO DO THE FACILITIES CATER FOR TOURISM THAT CAN BE EXPECTED?
Site and situation,
Bridlington is situated on the East coast. It is in the north of Britain. There are many neighbouring resorts offering the same features. This will mean that the resorts are always in competition. Seaside resorts have to have a wide thresh hold otherwise; most of the businesses, which are tourist orientated, will shut down.
Bridlington is one of the better-situated resorts. It is in near the centre of England so it will never be too far from tourists.
The main areas from which the tourists will come from are Yorkshire, Derbyshire, Leicestershire, Nottinghamshire and Humberside. Many will come from further. Bridlington is in direct competition with Scarborough and Whitby. Both are big tourist resorts.
The town of Bridlington dates back to the 11th century when it was mentioned in the 'Doomsday' Book, except then it was known as 'Bredlington'.
During the last 1000 years Bridlington has
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Human Geography (view all)
- Amazon Rainforest Being Destroyed Or Developed?
- Stratford london 2012 - an area under change. Scope for gree...
- Discuss the negative impacts of Urbanisation
- I am studying both the positive and negative impacts of tour...
- Problems found in LEDC Shanty Towns and Solutions that are b...
- Globalisation- The backstory
- How Multiculturalism Started in Australia.
- Mass tourism & Tourism in Jamaica case study
- Extereme Tourism
- Case Study: Extreme Tourism in Antarctica
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.
""Kim. Nursing, Mental Health, Psychology. University Student.