- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
ASVCE Health & Social Care - Co-ordination of services.
The first 200 words of this essay...
ASVCE Health & Social Care
Task 8: Co-ordination of services
My setting is linked with SENCO (Special Education Needs Co-ordinater) and Ofsted to ensure the child receives the rights it deserves i.e. education. In the project I am to show how the role of each service and how it is linked to my setting.
Each year, parents of children with disabilities have the important responsibility of working with school personnel to develop an appropriate educational program individualised to their child's needs.
With the increase the increase in inclusive practices and a growing awareness of the rights of all children, perceptions of special educational needs (SEN) are changing in the community in general and in education in particular. These changing perceptions are reflected in government and legislative contexts. Guidance materials for special educational needs co-ordinators (SENCO) outline the professional knowledge, understanding, skills and attributes that are required to carry out the key task of the role in order to raise achievements and to improve the quality of education provided for people with special educational needs.
The role of the SENCO has developed significantly over recent years and is likely to become more complex
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Child Development (view all)
- Health and Social care
- Health, Social Care and Early years provisions.
- Explain the factors that would lead to suspicion of child ma...
- Discuss the nature-nurture debate in relation to individual ...
- Discuss the Psychological Factors Involved in Child Abuse
- Cach L2 unit 4. Childrens Play
- Cach L2 unit 5. Professional Attributes - A non- judgement...
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of different family...
- Development through the life stages
- The Evil of Child Labour
""M Singh. English. A Level Student.
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.