- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Children of the Indifferent God & Les Misrables by Victor Hugo An economic practice: There are a huge number of child workers in India.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Children of the Indifferent God & Les Misérables by Victor Hugo
An economic practice:
There are a huge number of child workers in India. Industry owners hire a large number of children labourers because child workers are cheap to hire and they are paid cheaper than the adults are. Sometimes, children are send to work because their families need another income to support the whole family. Sometimes, the families are so poor that the parents send their children to the industry owners. Even though the children will not get any wages, the parents still send their children to work in order to feed fewer mouths and the industry owners will provide food and shelters for the child workers. Most of the child workers in India work in terrible conditions, with low wages and poor food and shelter. Due to children labourers are often paid very little for long hours of labour and sometimes, they are not paid at all; Industry owners receive huge profits every year or every month. Children mainly find employment as domestic helps and in factories, mills, small tea and snack shops and construction site. Industry owners employed child labourers not only for their
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Child Development (view all)
- Health and Social care
- How do Piaget's and Vygotsky's theories of learning and deve...
- Health, Social Care and Early years provisions.
- Discuss the nature-nurture debate in relation to individual ...
- Professional development
- Cach L2 unit 4. Childrens Play
- Cach L2 unit 5. Professional Attributes - A non- judgement...
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of different family...
- Development through the life stages
- The Evil of Child Labour
""Jackie Shanahan. Maths. A Level Student.
""Sabrina, Washington. IB English, History, Chemistry, Anthropology.