- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Explain how people from different backgrounds may use and/or interpret communication methods in different ways.
The first 200 words of this essay...
ï»¿UNIT SHC 31 PROMOTE COMMUNICATION IN HEALTH, SOCIAL CARE OR CHILDRENâS AND YOUNG PEOPLEâS SETTINGS
OUTCOME 3 Overcome Barriers to communicate.
1.1 Explain how people from different backgrounds may use and/or interpret communication methods in different ways.
People from different backgrounds may use/or interpret communication methods in different ways by expressing how they feel, for example Italians are traditionally very verbal when they use speech they use their hands to gesture to make their points.
Indian people are quiet and reverent they donât use gestures like Italians.
People who suffer from Dementia also suffer with communication methods good clear communication skills are essential because confusion has profound effects on a sufferers ability to communicate.
Common communication problems include Dysphasia this can be receptive which is an ability to produce speech.
Confidence also effects how people from different backgrounds communicate for example one individual might be quite and reserved and another can be enthusiastic and bubbly, this will affect the way each communicates and responds to communication.
Confidence can be knocked down in seconds by a thoughtless or unkind response.
Its very important to remember the importance of non-verbal communication in
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Health and Social Care (view all)
- Health and social care, OCR Nationals double award promoting...
- Describe how health and safety legislation, policies and pro...
- Equality diversity and rights in health and social care
- Analysis of One Individual's Health and Wellbeing
- Describe reasons why individuals may experience additional n...
- Outline relevant legislation relating to preparing, cooking...
- Michael Argyle's communication cycle and Tuckmans stages of ...
- M2 Outline a two-day diet plan for two service users with sp...
- Action Plan For Research Into The Role Of A Pre-School Teach...
- I am going to explain the five barriers to effective communi...
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.