- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
- Essay length: 8880 words
- Submitted: 03/06/2009
The first 200 words of this essay...
COURSEWORK TASK 1
1. Eggs are an important food for different people. Show how eggs can be included in different ways in a variety of dishes.
Eggs as an important food
* The types of eggs? - Hen eggs, quail eggs, duck eggs
* Traditional value of eggs? - Used in Easter's celebration
* Nutritional value of eggs? - The egg white contains proteins such as ovalbulmin and ovomucin, while the egg yolk contains proteins such as lipovitelin. All these are High biological Value (HBV) proteins necessary for body-building and tissue repair. Other nutrients of value are iron and vitamins A and D.
* Sensory value of eggs? - The different methods of preparing and cooking eggs will have different outcomes that give different look, taste and texture. Scrambled egg and egg used in baking a cake will turn differently to make egg dishes more interesting.
Who are the different people? How can eggs provide sufficient nutrients for these people?
* Teenagers (age 13-18) - For body-building purpose
* Growing children (after age 1- 12) - For growth
* Body-builders: For building strong muscles
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Health and Social Care (view all)
- Health and social care, OCR Nationals double award promoting...
- Describe how health and safety legislation, policies and pro...
- Understanding effective communication
- Unit 3: Health, Safety and Security in Health and Social Car...
- Equality diversity and rights in health and social care
- Outline relevant legislation relating to preparing, cooking...
- Michael Argyle's communication cycle and Tuckmans stages of ...
- M2 Outline a two-day diet plan for two service users with sp...
- Action Plan For Research Into The Role Of A Pre-School Teach...
- I am going to explain the five barriers to effective communi...
""Sarah. Sociology, Politics, Economics, Psychology. University Student.
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.