- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Health revision notes. Nutrition, Health and Development
- Essay length: 9720 words
- Submitted: 14/03/2011
The first 200 words of this essay...
Health and Human Development
Nutrition Health and Development
Area of Study 1: Understanding Australia's Health
* Measurement of Health Status:
What is health? Health is a state of physical, emotional and social well being, as well as the absence of disease. It includes the ability to function effectively in ones environment given ones circumstances.
* Physical Health: Refers to the state of the physical body, which includes level of fitness, the degree of energy, resistance to disease, efficient functioning of the body organs and maintenance of appropriate body weight to height. People who are physically healthy have the energy to perform a range of activities, they are alert, and their body systems respond and adapt accordingly.
* Social Health: This component of health refers to the interaction between people. As humans are social beings and live in a community, they need to develop good quality relationships with family, friends and other peers. People who live interdependent, and cooperatively in a community are said to be socially healthy.
* Emotional Health: This is to do with a person's state of mind, and their feelings. It includes how a
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Health and Social Care (view all)
- Analysis of One Individual's Health and Wellbeing
- Describe how health and safety legislation, policies and pro...
- Health and social care, OCR Nationals double award promoting...
- Equality diversity and rights in health and social care
- P5 P6 M3 D2 unit 7
- Outline relevant legislation relating to preparing, cooking...
- Michael Argyle's communication cycle and Tuckmans stages of ...
- M2 Outline a two-day diet plan for two service users with sp...
- Action Plan For Research Into The Role Of A Pre-School Teach...
- I am going to explain the five barriers to effective communi...
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student
""Simon. Politics and International Relations. University Student.