- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Protecting children-A Good Practice Guide. Child Protection Framework. The Children's Act 1989 is a comprehensive piece of legislation,
- Essay length: 3689 words
- Submitted: 17/10/2006
The first 200 words of this essay...
A Good Practice Guide.
> Child Protection Framework.
The Children's Act 1989 is a comprehensive piece of legislation, which brings together for the first time all private and pupil law proceedings relating to children. In addition to the Act there are Rules of Court, Regulations and numerous Guidance Documents issued by the Department of Health, which expand upon provisions contained in the Children Act.
The Children Act aims to achieve a balance between the need to protect children from harm and the need to protect children and families from unwarranted intervention. It encourages arrangements for services to children to be agreed between the parents and service providers whenever possible. The Act embodies the belief that children are best looked after within the family and without resort to legal proceedings unless this is not consistent with their welfare and safety.
Section 17 sets out the duty of every Local Authority to safeguard and promote the welfare of children within their area who are "in need" and so far as is consistent with that duty, to promote the upbringing of such children by their families, by providing a range of services appropriate to those children's needs.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Child Development (view all)
- Health and Social care
- Health, Social Care and Early years provisions.
- Discuss the nature-nurture debate in relation to individual ...
- How do Piaget's and Vygotsky's theories of learning and deve...
- Professional development
- Cach L2 unit 4. Childrens Play
- Cach L2 unit 5. Professional Attributes - A non- judgement...
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of different family...
- Development through the life stages
- The Evil of Child Labour
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.