- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Rosario Morales, the author of The Day It Happened, tells the story of a woman leaving her abusive husband.
The first 200 words of this essay...
The Day It Happened Alex Macintyre
By Rosario Morales February 14, 2003
Comp. & Lit.
Rosario Morales, the author of The Day It Happened, tells the story of a woman leaving her abusive husband. In this day in age, it is important for people to read stories such as this. Today there are many people being abused physically and/or emotionally by their spouse. The Day It Happened is a perfect example of the results and problems that an abusive partner can cause.
In this short story, a woman named Josie is abused by her husband Ramon. All of their neighbors in the apartment building are aware of this mistreatment. After becoming pregnant, Josie realizes the danger involved in staying with Ramon. When consulting with her friends, Josie decides to pack up and leave. Being sure to give her goodbye's, she and her neighbors waited for him to get home from work. After a while, Ramon came walking down the street towards the apartment not knowing what he was in for. After Josie confessed she was leaving him, Ramon, unexpectedly, dropped to his knees and begged for his wife back. Josie said what
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Child Development (view all)
- This report is a personal development plan that shows an eva...
- Compare and contrast the development theories of Piaget, Bru...
- Childhood Obesity-A Rising Issue GCSE Health and Social Care
- Describe the expected stage of social development of childre...
- child development - breast-feeding versus bottle-feeding.
- Childrens Play. Cache unit 4
- Cach L2 unit 4. Childrens Play
- Cach L2 unit 5. Professional Attributes - A non- judgement...
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of different family...
- Development through the life stages
""Sarah. Sociology, Politics, Economics, Psychology. University Student.
""Dean Hil. l Media, Business, ICT, History and Sciences. University Student.