- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
The Animals of Farthing Wood - review
The first 200 words of this essay...
The Animals of Farthing Wood
This book has been written as a source of enjoyment, for children to read. The pragmatics behind the book and how it is written is that it aids children to learn to read and understand how to handle reading a slightly more advanced reading book (for ages 5 to 7). It also helps the child how to learn to follow what is written down on a page, reading the words from left to write, to the end of the line, and then to the beginning of a new line - it helps develop familiarity with story structures and conventions. It also builds vocabulary and literary discourse at an appropriate level for the age group. These are essential skills for children to have when reading in the future, so must be taught to them at an early age.
By naturally engaging the child in an interactive activity - reading the book with a parent or carer, this can give them social skills - interaction and understanding of events with people around them or familiar to them, and even new people. This can then be taken on into older stages in their
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Child Development (view all)
- This report is a personal development plan that shows an eva...
- Barriers to Communication.
- Health and social care level 2 - Human Lifespan Development
- Child Development - Child Study
- The nature/nurture debate in childhood development.
- Childrens Play. Cache unit 4
- Cach L2 unit 4. Childrens Play
- Cach L2 unit 5. Professional Attributes - A non- judgement...
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of different family...
- Development through the life stages
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.