- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The diary of William Preston.
The first 200 words of this essay...
The Diary of William Preston
3rd December 1829
I was left both shocked and stunned at the bravery of Helen. For today, I was one of a handful of people attending the funeral of Helen's child, who passed away sadly after taking ill with scarlet fever. Throughout the funeral, however, Helen remained dry-eyed and did not even come as close as shedding a single tear. So strong was her bravery it caused me to oft wipe my eyes for the tears she was to shed, I was instead shedding. Her valour has caused a new flame of love to be ignited in my heart for her. Why should death cruelly and brutally snatch her daughter away? Why should it leave her the single mother of a baby still in her womb? Why? These questions leave me perplexed and consequently remain unanswered.
17th June 1830
I had my mind firmly fixed on aim and goal before setting out today. I set out to church today in impeccable manner of clothing and as I stepped out of my dwelling, not a hair in my head was out of place. Reverend John Maxwell preached the sermon but I was,
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Child Development (view all)
- Health and Social care
- Explain the factors that would lead to suspicion of child ma...
- Discuss the nature-nurture debate in relation to individual ...
- Health, Social Care and Early years provisions.
- The nature/nurture debate in childhood development.
- Cach L2 unit 4. Childrens Play
- Cach L2 unit 5. Professional Attributes - A non- judgement...
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of different family...
- Development through the life stages
- The Evil of Child Labour
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.
""Sarah. Sociology, Politics, Economics, Psychology. University Student.