- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The Stages of physical development
The first 200 words of this essay...
According to Child Care and Development by P. Minett, physical development is 'development of the body'. It's what a child is able to do with their body at different stages in their development and it varies from child to child. The child goes through several different stages in their physical development there are average ages at which you would expect the child to be able to do something like sit up, walk and talk. But these times vary a lot because not all children are the same.
There are physical skills that a child needs at physical development proceeds. Motor skills; these are skills which need 'co-ordination between brain and muscles' (child care and development by P. Minett). Messages are sent from the brain to the muscles telling them to work. It's then the child that needs the necessary skills to carry out the task. The child will need to practise these skills a lot until they become automatic to them. Gross Motor skills are the 'use large muscles in the body'. Some activities which use gross motor skills are running, climbing, walking, jumping and kicking a ball. Fine manipulative skills 'involve precise use of the
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Child Development (view all)
- Health and Social care
- Describe the expected stage of social development of childre...
- Compare and contrast the development theories of Piaget, Bru...
- Discuss the nature-nurture debate in relation to individual ...
- Demonstrate the recent development of personal skills releva...
- Cach L2 unit 4. Childrens Play
- Cach L2 unit 5. Professional Attributes - A non- judgement...
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of different family...
- Development through the life stages
- The Evil of Child Labour
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.