- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
American History Coursework
The first 200 words of this essay...
a. There was a variety of complex features of the New Deal. However, many of them were all based around four aims of which President Roosevelt believed would reconstitute the USA & restore the former glory which had been obliterated by various obstacles such as the Wall Street Crash. These fours aims were -
* To restore the effectiveness of the once flourishing industrial & agricultural businesses
* To counteract the predicament of unemployment.
* To provide relief for the elderly, ailing, & unemployed
* To protect Americans' hard earned savings & property
First of all, there were many features of the New Deal which were introduced with the sole purpose to combat one of the largest obstacles facing America at this period - unemployment. Various alphabet agencies, such as the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) were instated entirely to get Americans back to work - happy & healthy. The CCC targeted young men who could sign on to this Corporation for a period of 6 months, in which they would be assisted in their search for work. However, even if they still could not locate an occupation before the
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
USA 1919-1941 (view all)
- Why did Roosevelt win the 1932 Presidential Election?
- The United States 1919-1941 - Roosevelt and the New Deal. W...
- What impact did the Wall Street Crash have on America?
- What were the causes of the great depression?
- To what extent was the New Deal a success?
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student