- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Black Country Museum Local History Coursework
The first 200 words of this essay...
By Momtaza Warsame
The Black Country Museum gives an accurate representation of what life would be like during the late 19th century in this area?
How far do you agree with this view?
In this essay I will comment on whether the Black Country Museum gives an accurate representation of life in the 19th century. I will also describe our visit to the museum. The area surrounding the museum was once the capital of the chain making industry. The chains used for the Titanic were even made here! The phrase ''Black Country'' originates from the smog that used to plague the area due to the coal mining industry. So much so that the sky was black by day and red by night. The museum covers over 26 acres. It was set up in 1978 and aims to show the lives of working families in 19th century Dudley, covering many aspects of life in a mining community such as schools, shops, churches and of course, mines. Every building in the museum has been taken from its original location and restored brick by brick. In addition, it serves to keep the history of
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
History Projects (view all)
- Does General Douglas Haig deserve to be remembered as the bu...
- Stalin man or monster?
- WW1 and Changes In Weapons Technology.
- Did Mary Tudor deserve the title 'Bloody Mary'
- How Reliable is Schindler's List As A Representation of the ...
- Jack the Ripper - crimes and suspects.
- The Renaissance and Religion.
- Dissolution of the monasteries - report from a monk.
- Why was there a Battle of Bosworth
- Explain why the Napoleonic Tactics were so successful.
""Sabrina, Washington. IB English, History, Chemistry, Anthropology.
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.