- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Black Country Museum Local History Coursework
The first 200 words of this essay...
By Momtaza Warsame
The Black Country Museum gives an accurate representation of what life would be like during the late 19th century in this area?
How far do you agree with this view?
In this essay I will comment on whether the Black Country Museum gives an accurate representation of life in the 19th century. I will also describe our visit to the museum. The area surrounding the museum was once the capital of the chain making industry. The chains used for the Titanic were even made here! The phrase ''Black Country'' originates from the smog that used to plague the area due to the coal mining industry. So much so that the sky was black by day and red by night. The museum covers over 26 acres. It was set up in 1978 and aims to show the lives of working families in 19th century Dudley, covering many aspects of life in a mining community such as schools, shops, churches and of course, mines. Every building in the museum has been taken from its original location and restored brick by brick. In addition, it serves to keep the history of
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
History Projects (view all)
- Comparison and contrast between Night by Elie Wiesel and Lif...
- Did Medicine Improve In the Middle Ages?
- Why did the Native Americans lose the battle for the plains?
- What Factors Helped the Spanish Conquistadors Conquer the Ne...
- Elizabeth I: How successfully did she tackle the problems o...
- A comparison of the how the source booklet provided and my ...
- How reliable is Jonathan Coad's description of Dover Castle ...
- How important is Dover Castle's location? Also take into acc...
- An Estate Agent's Guide To A Roman Villa
- The causes for the decline and fall of the Roman Empire
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student
""Zoey. University Student.