- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Castle were built to express the power of the lords by the richness and the massive strength
The first 200 words of this essay...
Castles were built to express the power of the lord or king and to show the richness and the massive strength. They defended the local area by being an administrative centre for the lords were he would enforce his rights. These include holding court collecting taxes and imprisoning wrongdoers in the castle sometime. A key defensive feature of Rochester castle is that it's next to the river Medway. This was a good defensive feature because it blocks one side being used for an attack. Another key defensive feature of Rochester castle is that it is on a trade road. This was a good defensive feature because it would have had good communication with other city and town this also could be good because they would get supply in very quickly. Another key defensive feature was that is on a hill. This was a good defensive feature because the defenders would have been able see the emery come so they would have being ready for an on coming fight.
The defensive features that the castle had on the outside were the ditch. This would have being a lot steeper in medieval times. This was a good defensive feature because
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
History Projects (view all)
- The Rebecca Riots
- Medicine Through Time Timeline
- How far was Henry VII to blame for Becket's Death?
- Life In The Trenches - research and evaluation of the source...
- English civil war project - causes, battles and tactics
- Anne Frank Factfile
- St.David's effect on Christianity in Wales
- Henry Tudor. How did a Welshman become King of England?
- Describe and explain the foundation of the National Health S...
- Evaluate the role of William Wilberforce in his campaign to ...
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.