- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
Why did the Communists win the Civil War?
* What influenced/attracted the people?
* Were the communists better than the nationalists in terms of their military?
* Include change in military tactics
* Why did the nationalists lose?
* Long term effects before 1945
* Chinese civil war--> 1945-1949
* Two sides
The Chinese Civil War, one of the most prominent events in the Chinese History began at the end of World War II in 1945 up till October 1, 1949. The Civil War has since become a popular topic of debate, attracting many historians and politicians to argue over why the Communists ultimately overthrew the Nationalists, also known as the Kuomintang or Guomindang, and won the civil war. This essay will examine how the Communists, lead by Mao Tse Tung, starting off as a weak party, consolidated power through numerous ways such as their ideologies, economic, social, foreign and political aspects, their military tactics, as the cult of personality of the leaders. It will also examine the weaknesses of the Nationalists, led by Chiang Kai Shek, and the long term effects of WWII that brought to the closure of the
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
History Projects (view all)
- Medicine Through Time Timeline
- All My Sons Coursework
- Jack the Ripper - Why was he never caught?
- How important was the role played by Edwin Chadwick in impro...
- The Triangular Slave Trade and its Effects.
- Anne Frank Factfile
- St.David's effect on Christianity in Wales
- Henry Tudor. How did a Welshman become King of England?
- Describe and explain the foundation of the National Health S...
- Evaluate the role of William Wilberforce in his campaign to ...
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.