- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Co-operation and Conflict - Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Co-operation and Conflict
Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland
As part of my conflict and co-operation section in my coursework, Ireland is thought to be a very good example as Ireland has been through various conflicts leading to one factor, for years now. Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland are two different countries. Ulster has a union with the British Government and its head of state is the Queen of England. Eire is a republic and democratic country with its own government in Dublin and consists of a majority of Catholic population.
The conflict in Ireland is either religious or something else as the story of religion and conflict in Ireland, historically and today is the story of combinations of religion and politics, however social and economical factors do arise too.
* Religious: Catholics and Protestants.
* Political: Nationalists and Unionists.
* Social: land ownership
* Economical: Wealth and land ownership
Between 100BC - 1500AD there were three groups of settlers who came to Ireland and as evidence suggests, these people came to Ireland as 'settlers' and so there no intentions to invade Ireland.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Northern Ireland 1965-85 (view all)
- Catholic discrimination in Northern Ireland in terms of Hous...
- The Anglo-Irish agreement, 1985, this was agreed between Pri...
- What were the consequences of the 1916 Easter rising?
- Explain the Emergence of the Civil Rights Movement in Northe...
- Why the Siege Of Derry took place in 1689.
- The underlying cause of the conflict between Northern Irelan...
- Was the Hunger Strike Campaign of the 1980s the most signifi...
- How did Protestant Politicians explain the social, economic ...
- Describe the disadvantages that faced Catholics in Northern ...
- Why were the British Troops sent to Northern Ireland in Augu...
""Zoey. University Student.
""Kim. Nursing, Mental Health, Psychology. University Student.