- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Describe The Nazi-Soviet pact. Explain why relations between Britain and Germany changed in 1939
The first 200 words of this essay...
A) Give one reason why the Germans hated the treaty of Versailles
One reason why the Germans hated the Treaty of Versailles was because teir economy was destroyed by the terms. The League of Nations demanded reparations of £6,600 million, this meant Germany's economy collapsed as they printed more money, thus leading to hyperinflation.
B) Briefly describe the key features of the Nazi-Soviet Pact
One key feature of the Nazi-Soviet Pact was the division of Poland. The Soviet Union saw the Pact as a chance to gain territory. It also meant that they were less likely to be weakened by the coming war. Thus they signed the Pact in the hope that their alliance with Germany would bring them a certain amount of prosperity.
Another key feature was that the Soviet Union needed time to prepare their army for the oncoming war with Germany. The Pact meant that Germany would form an alliance with the Soviet Union; this ensured that there would be no war between the two countries and the USSR's economy would not be affected. In addition the Soviet Union could count on the fact that they would, initially, not have to defend
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
International relations 1900-1939 (view all)
- To what extent was the Treaty of Versailles fair to Germany?
- Reasons why Germany lost World War One
- How far was the policy of appeasement the most important cau...
- World War 1 - long and short term causes of the war.
- German reaction to the Treaty of Versailles. The aims of Hi...
- Describe the Causes of WW1
- Was the Treaty of Versailles fair?
- "The League of Nations was doomed to fail from its crea...
- Why did war break out in 1914?
- Explain the Causes of World War One
""Zoey. University Student.
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.