- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Describe the organization and work of the people at bletchley park
The first 200 words of this essay...
Matthew Smithies 10M
Bletchley Park Question One
Describe the organization and work of the people at Bletchley Park
Bletchley Park, or Station X, was set up 50 miles north of London, near Milton Keynes. The site was far enough away for safety, but close enough for communication. It was a large estate that was able to become a self-contained community. The aims of Bletchley Park were to crack simple codes but more importantly, the Enigma code, which seemed impossible to crack. The Enigma needed to be cracked so any major German attacks or strategies became known to the Allies and were able to be prevented.
The Enigma code was a brand new code that no one had ever seen the like so before so the people at Bletchley Park needed to experiment with the types to people they needed to crack this code. At Bletchley Park, there were mathematicians working alongside chess players and even crossword competition winners, all working to crack simpler and more complex codes as well as the German Enigma by looking at the codes in their different ways. There were many different jobs in Bletchley Park, all requiring the different types of
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
History Projects (view all)
- oliver cromell- hero or villain?
- Medicine Through Time Timeline
- Did England become Protestant in the sixteenth century?
- How and why did castles change over time?
- What Do Roman Authors Tell Us About The Celts? To What Exten...
- Anne Frank Factfile
- St.David's effect on Christianity in Wales
- Henry Tudor. How did a Welshman become King of England?
- Describe and explain the foundation of the National Health S...
- Evaluate the role of William Wilberforce in his campaign to ...
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'