- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Discuss the different methods used by Malcolm X and Martin Luther king Jr in campaigning for civil rights.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Discuss the different methods used by Malcolm X and Martin Luther king Jr in campaigning for Civil Rights
Martin Luther King Jr and Malcolm X were two black men who were both after the same thing, a better life for black people. They didn't want to be treated differently just because of the colour of their skin. The difference between the two is how they went about achieving their aims and how their aims differed between the two men.
Martin Luther King had a different upbringing to Malcolm X. He was from a middle class family, whose name was well established in Atlanta. He was a smart student, who skipped two grades before entering an Ivy League college at the age of 15. He was class valedictorian with an A average. His home environment was full of dreams and love, were they had strong values which showed a sense of self worth. Through the upbringing that he had, he adopted an ideology of how black and white people would live together as equals.
This was totally different to Malcolm X's upbringing. He was also a smart individual, but he didn't have the encouragement that King did.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
USA 1941-80 (view all)
- Do you agree that Martin Luther King was the most important ...
- Who was to blame for the Cold War?
- Why did relations between the USA and USSR worsen in the yea...
- U.S. foreign policy after the World Wars.
- "The movement made Martin rather than Martin making the...
- Was the dropping of the bombs Hiroshima and Nagasaki justifi...
- How far do representations 1 and 2 differ in their view of t...
- The Life of Martin Luther King. Jr
- Theories on the John F. Kennedy Assassination
- Who were the KKK and what did they do?
""Zoey. University Student.
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.