- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Many of the ideas that were introduced during the Enlightenment were incorporated into the Declaration of Independence. These ideas changed colonists attitudes towards Great Britain in an opposing way.
The first 200 words of this essay...
During the 1700s, new ideas from the Elightenment changed colonist's mind by making them understand their rights and leading up where they declared Independence after all. New ideas were found by scientists; those ideas went against religious ideas, scientists called this time period the Enlightenment. Moreover, Thomas Paine's Common Sense had a major impact on the colonists. Finally, Thomas Jefferson incorporated the ideas of the Enlightenment into the Declaration of Independence. The Enlightenment and Thomas Paine's Common Sense resulted in colonists declaring independence and the signing of the Declaration of Independence.
New ideas were found by scientists in the 18th century; these ideas went against religious ideas, scientists called this time period the Enlightenment. During the enlightenment, philosophers believed the use of reason is the best method for learning the truth. Many philosophers put ahead their ideas during the Enlightenment. One philosopher was John Locke who believed in the idea of Natural Rights. These rights belonged to all people at birth which was life, liberty, and property. The colonists understood their rights and what they actually deserved. The Enlightenment also affected the type of government in Great Britain. Before the Enlightenment occurred, Great Britain
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
History Projects (view all)
- oliver cromell- hero or villain?
- How and why did castles change over time?
- A Guide to Standard Grade History: Essay Writing
- Did England become Protestant in the sixteenth century?
- Medicine Through Time Timeline
- Anne Frank Factfile
- St.David's effect on Christianity in Wales
- Henry Tudor. How did a Welshman become King of England?
- Describe and explain the foundation of the National Health S...
- Evaluate the role of William Wilberforce in his campaign to ...
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.
""Kim. Nursing, Mental Health, Psychology. University Student.