- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Explain the main features of the New Deal
Are you in the right place?
Jump to History and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
a) Explain the main features of the New Deal
The ' new deal ' was Roosevelt's proposed method to solve the USA's current depression. He picked upon the main problems being: the economy, unemployment, and poverty. He then decided to tackle the economic problems before he did anything else because he knew that a strong and reliable money system would build up the public's confidence.
The first things that Roosevelt promised were
* Relief of poverty
* Recovery of industry
* Reform in order to provide insurance, pensions and to hep the sick
He began with the '100 Days´, this was representing his promise of relief, he passed 15 laws which tackled some of America's biggest problems, within 100 days. First of all, Roosevelt introduced the Emergency Banking Act (EBA). This was designed to end the banking crisis in America. All banks were closed for ten days and only those approved by the federal government were allowed to reopen.
Within the '100 Days´ act, there was also a rapid program of legislation, which would help solve the country's problems. The other Acts within the '100 Days´ were the
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
USA 1919-1941 (view all)
- The yellow wallpaper
- Why, and with what success, was the policy of Prohibition in...
- 'The causes and effects of the great depression caused equal...
- How successful was the new deal?
- To what extent was the increase in hostility towards immigra...
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.